The XTERRA Trail Run Series is an award winning event series throughout the United States.
General Event Info:
- All courses are subject to change due to circumstances beyond the control of Event Management. This includes dates, times and trails used.
- Trail distances are approximate and may be longer or shorter than indicated.
- All Aid Station locations are approximate.
- Water Stations have water only.
- Aid Stations have First Aid supplies, water, gels & Gatorade, sunscreen, radio communication.
- Course Cut off times – each event/course has a course cut off (maximum time allotted to complete the course). If runners have not passed specific check points before the cut off, their numbers will be pulled. Runners can complete the course on their own volition but will not receive a finish time.
- No Headphones/Ear Buds/Speakers etc. You will be disqualified from the race if you are seen wearing any of these or something similar. This includes if we find you in pictures after the fact. Ability to communicate with each other and other people on the trails is a safety imperative.
- No late starts. Another safety rule. We have sweeps on every course to ensure everyone gets off the courses safely. If you are behind the sweep we won’t know if you have an emergency. Plan accordingly. Get there on time, allot time for getting lost, and don’t always rely on your GPS. Make sure you know where you are going.
- No four legged friends on the course. We’re cat/dog/general animal people here at AZ Trail Race. We love to run with our pets too. However, when there are hundreds of people on the course, a dog is a safety issue. Leave the pooch in someone’s care at the staging area or leave them at home. • No strollers or kids in backpacks on the course either but do bring your kids for the kids’ run.
YOU MUST BRING PROOF OF REGISTRATION TO PICK UP YOUR BIB!
This can be: Online registration confirmation, credit card statement, cashed check or email confirmation from AZ Trail Race. If we do not have a bib for you and cannot provide this information to us, we will charge you for the race and refund you once you show proof of your registration and payment. NO EXCEPTIONS.
There are NO REFUNDS. NO EXCEPTIONS. If for some reason, you are unable to attend you may transfer your registration to another runner so long as it is at least 2 WEEKS before the event. NO EXCEPTIONS. Whining is not good karma. Your registration fees are spent preparing for the event and AZ Trail Race cannot accept liability for everyone’s risk of disaster/life events/injury/sickness/work schedules/vehicle issues/children/pets/general lack of planning etc.
We will not tolerate any inappropriate behavior to any of our volunteers or staff. Failure to follow this guideline will result in disqualification from the event and possibly being banned from future events. Seriously. We’re all out here for some FUN, so let’s have some! Please direct any complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Natural Disaster Policy
If an Act of God/Terrorism/Community Disaster occurs, what happens?
- We make decisions based on safety first.
- The municipality and parks will also make a decision based on park impact and participant safety.
- Race courses and race date will be altered as seen fit by race management and the Parks.
- Athletes in a postponed race will be transferred to the rescheduled date at no charge.
- AZ TRAIL RACE cannot accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each athlete needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS. The money you paid is spent developing that race.
We do not save any money if the race is postponed or you choose not run. We have paid for every supply and service needed for that race. We pay for all race supplies or services associated with that race, regardless of the outcome. These include paying for permits, rangers, our staff, offices, and administration costs all year. It’s not ideal, and nobody likes wasting money, but we unfortunately cannot predict what will happen on race day.